Wednesday 19 October 2011

Dr Who (How it was done)

Here is a new illustration Of Matt Smith as Dr Who I have completed over the last 24 hours


1. First I did a rough thumbnail sketch to figure out the shapes of his face.....



2. Then on tracing paper I did a couple of more detailed pieces. As you can see
the first one is awful but the second attempt I was getting there...



3. Still working on A4 tracing paper  I finally got the face to a
standard I was happy with...


4. I usually do this on a lightbox but as most people don't have access to one I'm showing you how it's possible with cheap tracing paper. So here we have the drawing transferred onto A3 cartridge paper...



5. With a Rotring technical HB pencil I add detail...



6. In the background I add a couple of the Doctors foes....


7.  Then it is inked with a Pental brush pen. I always use a brush to ink but
have been amazed at the results I can get with the brush pen


I've still to add a background and colour, I'll do all that in Photoshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment